Friday, July 07, 2006

Zanier Gazania Picture

Gazanias look so much zanier through a proper macro lens...I was really happy to be able to get results even from the snappy snap, as in the last post, but playing with the professional camera yesterday was such a joy. Nice blurry background, sharp point of focus on the flower sepals, capturing all the bright winter colours here, in the contrasty, late afternoon sunshine. I have to confess to going mad, snapping away at all the flowers I could see, rather than doing an orderly structured shoot, covering all angles of each flower before moving onto the next and bracketing efficiently. But then I'm an enthusiastic part-time photographer myself, married to a professional and just stealing off with his camera for the afternoon to get some bright, winter flower pictures! The proteas are starting to come into flower now - the orange pincushion proteas and the grand, heavy, pink, sculptural flowers of the king protea. I'll borrow the camera again soon and post some pictures of those flowers. posted by Kit

No comments: