Monday, June 19, 2006

Snappy Snaps

Flower pictures on a snappy snap point and shoot camera? You can do it! Even with my retired, old-technology Fujifilm FinePix 1300, which has been languishing forgotten in the loft, I achieved this picture of a gazania sporting its stripes. The only settings to choose between were one for mountains or flowers! The lapse time between pressing the shutter release and it actually clicking could have made me a cup of tea, but if the clever camera is unavailable, then I can still take respectable photos with it. The main thing I miss with any point and shoot camera is the control over depth of field. Taking flower pictures, that is the one irreplaceable technique, blurring backgrounds into artistic mists. Too much sharp grass and sand in the background detracts from the flower subject and gives a lot of work to do in Photoshop afterwards. It is nice to know though that I have photographic capabilities even when the professional camera is off on a job. posted by Kit

No comments: